Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Name that Tune

What's in a name. Choosing a name can make or break a company. I need a name that reflects what my website is going to be about but it can't be boring. How many people are going to inadvertently find a website called "Freedom and Responsibility".

Here are a few that I've tossed around:
  • The Conservative Coalition - too narrow and has bagage and no appeal.
  • Media Watch - While more broad than some news watch websites it is still too narrow.
  • The People's Coalition - too commie sounding and boring.
  • The Fix - presumptuous, boring, non-explanitory.
  • The Freedom... just about anything, - is really boring even though it is probably the most important concept.
  • Rights and Wrongs - hmmm, since I plan to have a daily or weekly alert about the rights that we are loosing constantly.
  • Liberty at Risk - too narrow.
  • What about the Constitution? - Important but boring.
  • The Resistance - Who would have thought that our God given constitutional rights would be under assault and be the resistance against the establishment.
  • My Mom is a Fascist - I really like this one. She doesn't consider herself one but with a series of questions I can prove it. But, like most people she is a moving target, doesn't always give consistent answers.

I would invite all to comment or give me suggestions. The general idea is to unite all those that want freedom from those that want to control us, as long as we are responsible.

1 comment:

Jonathan Paulson said...

I like Rights and Wrongs and My Mom is a Fascist .
My guess it that My Mom is a Fascist will get more people to take a look so go with that one!